Why This Blog? Why Now? Why This title?

I am no longer blogging under duress. This part remains true: I had a blog once and I lost the password...and then, I gave up. I really am not a giver-upper, but there is a point of diminishing returns to anything that takes energy, passion, and vision and yet, doesn't work out. So, off I go again, wish me luck! AND knock on wood I have had luck. And it is sort of fun.
Noreene

P.S. Why this title? I read this phrase today 6/16, don't remember where. I liked it. I'm using it. I might change it. It may or may not have relationship to the content.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cafe Sky

There is a cafe off Parker and Yale by the Hmart Korean grocery called Cafe Sky. It is my favorite Korean restaurant, not because of the food, although the food is great and inexpensive, but because of the "Waffle House" feel. Cafe Sky is THE Korean Waffle House. It is small, has a counter, a few tables scattered around, not many people at any given time, and most importantly a smily guy behind the counter that greets all who enter with a hearty "Hello"!

I always have the egg wrapped rice or rice omelette. The picture looks like a large blob, skinny at both ends, fat in the middle, with a omelette like skin, and ketchup artfully scrolled across the top. However the name and the picture are deceiving. You think you're just getting what's in the picture with white rice inside. The picture is correct, it is blob like, it is wrapped in an omelette skin, there is a ribbon of ketchup across the top, and that is where the picture and the name part company. It is not just rice. The greatest part is what is inside...wonderful, rice with ham, shrimp, more egg, assorted finely chopped vegetables and other mysterious, and delicious Korean Waffle House delights. It is yummy. I leave very satisfied, both with my rice omelette and the delightful employees that keep me company as I eat. I suggest you give it a try.
Noreene

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm hungry now! I definitely want to try Cafe Sky! Want to go to breakfast soon?

    ReplyDelete