Why This Blog? Why Now? Why This title?

I am no longer blogging under duress. This part remains true: I had a blog once and I lost the password...and then, I gave up. I really am not a giver-upper, but there is a point of diminishing returns to anything that takes energy, passion, and vision and yet, doesn't work out. So, off I go again, wish me luck! AND knock on wood I have had luck. And it is sort of fun.
Noreene

P.S. Why this title? I read this phrase today 6/16, don't remember where. I liked it. I'm using it. I might change it. It may or may not have relationship to the content.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Journey with Twitter in 5 poems--with a tip of the hat to Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and Shea Bennett who wrote “The 5 Stages of Getting Twitter”


This is a poem I wrote for a professional development session in which we explored twitter...

Denial

Don’t wanna
Don’t hafta
Couldn’t run away fasta
Twitter has nothing for me
Don’t wanna
Don’t hafta
Couldn’t run away fasta
I don’t care if twitter is free

Anger

Twitter, twitter, twitter
Why should I care what people are having for breakfast
Why should I care what’s new on TV
Why should I care that you’ve arrived at the bank
And why do you send such nonsense to me?
Twitter...twitter....twitter....and, anyway...it’s a dumb name

Bargaining

OK, my friends are on twitter
My boss is on twitter
I’ll sign up ‘cuz twitter is free
My friends are on twitter
My boss is on twitter
I’ll try it so they can tweet me

Depression

I’m sad, feel bad
Twitter isn’t for me
There is nothing to do, nothing to see
And
Why are these people following me?
PS What is a hashtag anyway?

Acceptance

Not there yet
Not ready to say
I get it!
I will have to say, chats are a way
To participate
I will have to say, chats are a way
To build a PLN
I will have to say; maybe I’m one tweet away
From building a world I fit in



1 comment:

  1. This poem is so clever and so true when you have experienced the Twitter stages of grief!

    ReplyDelete